The hilltown of TANSEN will see many adventure thrill seekers flock at the end of this month for the TANSEN ULTRA 2015! The three-day event by GNARLY and Dharohar Adventures will feature downhill (open and elite), urban cross-country (elite, open, women and junior) and trail running (25K, 15K and 5K) races. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an amateur or a professional, the TANSEN ULTRA 2015 is open for all.
Downhill biking: NRs. 2,000
Cross-country biking: NRs. 1,500
Trail Running (15K and 25K): NRs. 1,000
5K charity run: NRs. 500
*Participants in Women and Junior categories get 50% discount in registration fee
Registration fee includes:
– Participation in race
– Registration Pack
– Booklet (schedule, emergency contact #, map)
– Race bib and zip locks
– Race poster
– Energy bar
– Waiver form
– Trail map
– Lunch during race day
– Shuttle service for DH participants during seeding and final race days
– Entry to afterparty Live Music
Registration Dates: December 1 to 20
Payment deadline: December 22 (race entry and if applicable, transportation)
Online Registration Form: www.gnarlybiking.com/
– Transportation (bus) service is provided to athletes for a nominal fee of Rs. 1,500 per person for a two-way trip (KTM – Tansen – KTM), or Rs. 800 for one-way trip (KTM – Tansen or Tansen – KTM).
– Next-of-kins and friends of participants would be charged Rs. 2,000 for a two-way trip, and Rs. 1,000 for a one-way trip.
– Booking needs to be confirmed and paid for by December 22nd
– Fixed bus dates are December 26 (KTM – Tansen) and December 29 (Tansen – KTM). We do not have fixed bus departures on other dates, in which case athletes will have to arrange local or private transportation back to their destinations.
– The buses will be comfortable and have enough space to adjust required number of bikes and luggage onboard
– Transportation will not cover lunch meal during travel
– Single, double and triple rooms as well as dormitories are available in various hotels in Tansen
– Participants will pay directly to the hotel for accommodation. Tansen Ultra staff will help participants book hotel rooms, which will be on BB plan, i.e. breakfast included.
– Hotels will be decent with standard facilities and proper toilets.
-Parking availability varies by hotels. There are several standards of hotels to choose from.
– Accommodation cost is not included in the registration fee
– If family members or friends are accompanying, participants are requested to inform us beforehand for hotels to plan accordingly
– Packed lunch provided to athletes during their respective race day/s
– Breakfast and Dinner (and lunch during non-race days) will have to be arranged by the athletes
– DH participants will receive lunch during seeding run and final race days
– There are plenty of locals restaurants and hotels in Tansen for meals
For BUS and HOTEL booking, contact:
Diwash Pradhan / 9841596366
Saria Sato Bajracharya / 9803382399
For RACE REGISTRATION: