Dayahang Rai and Namrata Shrestha received the Best Actor and Best Actress Award at the National Film Award on Thursday! Whilst Dayahang won his third National Film Award for Kabaddi Kabaddi, Namrata won her first National Film Award for her film Classic. Films that were released in the year 2072 were considered for the National Film Award.
Actor Dayahang Rai has previously won the Best Actor Award for Dasdhunga and Sambodhan. The award took place on June 30, 2016 with president Bidya Devi Bhandari in attendance. The actress who we’ve seen in so many films, Basundhara Bhusal received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the event.
The National Film Award committee was led by Ramesh Budhathoki and consisted of Laya Sangraula, Sarita Lamichhane, Mohan Niraula, Sushil Paudel and Karun Thapa.
The winners are:
- Best Film – Pashupati Prasad
- Best Writer – Khagendra Lamichhane (Pashupati Prasad)
- Best Director – Dipendra K Khanal (Pashupai Prasad)
- Best Actor – Dayahang Rai (Kabaddi Kabaddi)
- Best Actress – Namrata Shrestha (Classic)
- Best Cinematographer – Sanjay Lama and Purushottam Pradhan (Dreams)
- Best Editor – Surendra Poudel (Classic)
- Best Ethnic film – Yamfu Dewarali (Gurung language movie)
- Jury Award – Bhuwan KC (Dreams, Director)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Basundhara Bhusal.