The Nepal Census 2011 was published in late November last month and there are quite a few interesting statistics for read, here’s a quick glance at some of the interesting figures:
- Nepal has more women (51.5%) than men (48.5%). We have 94 men per 100 women.
- 45% of the absent population of migrant workers is youth aged between 15 and 24 years. One in every four households in Nepal have atleast one member residing outside the country.
- More Nepalis have access to mobile phones (65%) than toilets (62%). Nearly one fifth of total households do not have toilets.
- Media/Technology usage – Radio (51%), Television (36%), Computer (7%), Internet Access (3%)
- Religion – Hinduism (81%), Buddhism (9%), Islam (4.4%), Christianity (1.4%), Sikhs (609 followers).
- Literacy rate – 66%
- 49% of the population get married between the age of 15 and 19 years. 11.5% of all the Nepalis still get married under the age of 14.
What’s the most interesting figure for you? I hope the literacy rate continues to rise, that to me is really important.Join Lex on Facebook! Read More: SHOCKING STATISTICS: 45% Nepalis Infected with TB SHOCKING STATISTICS: 45% Suffer from Chronic Malnutrition SHOCKING STATISTICS: Nepali Samaj UK gets 380,000 HITS a Day!