Some great news for bookworms out there! Kathalaya has introduced the first ever Nepali e-book reader app – “WeRead APP”. The app will feature books by Nepali writers and publishers in Nepali, English and other regional languages supported by the Devnagari script. You can get WeRead on iOS and Android!
As publishers, we feel it is important to recognize and expand the Nepali readership as best we can by promoting deserving writers and other publishers. WeRead app is an attempt to digitize Nepal’s literary works to make it accessible all over Nepal and the international market. This will also be the platform for publishers to make new releases instantly accessible to Nepali readers all over the world. We are certain that this effort will help Nepali literature grow and flourish beyond Nepal’s boundaries. – Kathalaya
Features of WeRead Application:
- Free application download.
- Featuring popular and newly released Nepali books and magazines.
- Application available on Android and iOS platform-based mobile devices and tabs.
- Application will soon be available for PCs and laptops.
- Purchase of books from anywhere around the world through easy and safe national and international payment gateways such as PayPal, eSewa and MoCo (banks in future).
- Easy reading features such as adjustable font size, bookmarks and day/night modes.
- Book previews and writing book reviews.
- An online platform for selling, promoting and marketing books by upcoming authors and publishers.
- Publishers may upload their books on WeRead app on their own.
- Publishers can keep track of their book downloads online.
- Major book publishers from Nepal are in the process of becoming a part of WeRead app.
Congrats Kathalaya! Now let me go and download WeRead!
PS. The app has been developed by Vogue Nepal Studios!Follow Lex on Twitter! Read More: Attending Prajwal Parajuly’s Land Where I Flee Launch Hari Bansha Acharya’s Cheena Harayeko Manchhe Reading The Art of Happiness & The Gurkha’s Daughter