Heli-Air Nepal, South Asia’s only gyrocopter operator will soon take the skies in Pokhara from the first week of September. Offering an incredible birds eye view from the glass-cockpit, Heli-Air Nepal is offering packages for scenic flights around Pokhara, the Annapurnas and Balewa. The gyrocopter, sits somewhere between a helicopter and an ultra-light aircraft and the company has confidently stated that it will be the best mountain flight experience. I guess we’ll have to experience it to believe it.
The company is currently offering five packages under its adventure flights:
- Discover Pokhara – a 15 minute flight above Pokhara for NRS 15,000
- Gateway to Mountains – this 30 minute flight goes beyond Pokhara, reaching the foot hills of Mt Fishtail and the Annapurna Range for NRS 25,000
- The Great Himalayan Trails – available in three routes, this sky trek will let you follow the popular trekking routes of Annapurnas. The experience lasts 60 minutes for NRS 40,000
- Incredible Mountain Flight – including the previous three packages, this exclusive experience offers your personal journey to the mountains for 90 minutes for a cool NRS 55,000.
- Alpine Tour – this experience offers mountain flight and a stop-off at Balewa airport for tea and a close air visit to ancient village communities from the sky. The flight lasts two hours and comes at over $690 USD.
The company hopes to add additional services in the near future and also provide air-taxi service using its gyrocopters for people living in the different cities of Nepal. I hope they provide a quality experience and take safety as a priority for their passengers as well as for their reputation.
Everything is fine. But these flight packages are really expensive for local tourists.
Wow this seems to be super exciting….I was just wondering about the cost to book this heli-air service?? Do anybody have any idea??
Comments are closed.