- 16 Major Political Parties have signed an agreement to not take part in any Nepal Banda, Shutdown, Strike activities during Nepal Tourism Year 2011.
- Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal lights up the fire at Tundikhel which was brought from Lumbini (Birthplace of Buddha) few days ago.
- Mass participation from key Nepali public figures during this event including media.
- The capital was decorated with Nepali flags in major streets.
- The Goal – To Get 1 Million Tourists in 2011
Many People are still sceptical about the idea, however efficient planning will be the key factor in reaching the goal. Clock is ticking. Even if NTY 2011 fails to attract 1 Million tourists, it can still reap benefits from the thousands more which do come.