Surely everyones noticed that we Nepali’s tend to go a bit overboard with gatherings during Summer. You name it and there’ll be one going on. From Intake’s, Football/Basketball/Badminton Tourno’s, Jaatiya bhela’s, gauley bhela’s and to top it off – Nepali Mela! Even though its the same old, we still do not seem to be losing interest in attending these events even if its just to take a leisurely stroll around a field and saying Hi/Hello’s inbetween. However there are some things I suggest that one should follow to make their gathering experience a day to remember. Follow on.
1. Go fashionably late – If it says 10AM then 3PM is the right time.
2. Dress appropriately for the event – Your allowed to push the boundaries if its Gurkha Cup but for a Gauley bhela, go as the sojo chora/chori. Last thing you want is a half hour convo about education/life in UK by some random ”uncle”.
3. Take your own momo – Seriously why do people pay for those rock hard momo in Gurkha Cup
4. Talk to everyone you see for a minimum of 15 minutes – ask about everything, remember there isnt really anything to see at such gatherings. Talking is the only form of entertainment…well you can observe 😉
5. Be a photographer for the day – easy excuse to take pictures of girls. Upload on FB and tag, another way to start a convo.
1. Dont buy the ticket – wait till the end and the food usually is given for free.
2. Dont try to be too unique – you’ll be surrounded by cold stares.
3. Dont bother going – if mingling with people aint your idea of fun.
4. Dont forget to smile for the pictures – the photos are bound to be seen by all your stalkers
5. Dont overdo your English – leave it at home for the day.
🙂 Feel free to share your ”bhela” experiences.
O’ Do have a shit or a piss at home before you leave.